Please read below before submitting an application and someone will contact you about volunteer opportunities.
An excellent volunteer candidate is:
1. Vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination date (required).
2. Happy to participate in standard COVID-19 safety measures while volunteering by wearing a properly fitting mask, keeping at least 6 feet of distance from others at all times, and washing hands regularly.
3. Enthusiastic about engaging in a physically demanding volunteer job, and able to stand for up to 6 hours at a time while twisting, bending, and lifting 20-30 pounds at a time.
4. Able to move efficiently and deliberately and keep up with a fast-paced, team-based work environment.
5. Able to commit to a once a week shift for at least two months. (If you cannot do this, there are other opportunities—please submit an application!)
Individuals who seek completion of community service hours as part of a school or court-mandated requirement may send number of hours required and due date to Operations Manager Melanie Danner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BFB is taking many precautions to ensure the safety of our volunteers, but If you or someone that you have close contact with is in a high-risk category, please consider staying home and staying safe, rather than increasing your exposure by volunteering at BFB.
You can help us turn $100 into 1000 pounds of nutritious, delicious food for local families.Read More »
Become a Hero
Bellingham Food Bank’s Hunger-Fighting Heroes believe that families in Whatcom County deserve fresh food. Join forces to make sure that no child, no senior, no parent, no family, no one in our community goes hungry.Read More »
Education & Outreach
Help us educate the community about local hunger issues. Belong to a church, business, or club that may be interested in hearing about our food bank and our work? Let us know! We love to share our stories and get others involved in our efforts.Read More »
For the past 40 years, we have served as a hub, connecting our neighbors and emergency food providers with a steady supply of nutritious groceries, fresh food and a smile.Read More »
Plan Your Legacy
Let us help you with your planned giving. By committing to Bellingham Food Bank in your will, you join the Seeds of Hope Society – a group of people whose dedication to ending hunger will not end with their own lifetime. If you have already made a planned gift, we welcome the opportunity to include you…Read More »