Our volunteer needs have shifted as we have developed our response to COVID-19.
Please read below before submitting an application and someone will contact you about volunteer opportunities.
If you can answer YES to all of the following questions, you are an excellent volunteer candidate. If you answer NO to any of the following questions, we thank you for your interest in supporting the food bank, but please wait to apply until the COVID-19 safety protocols are lifted and we are able to offer different volunteer opportunities.
1. Are you under the age of 60?
2. Are you limiting your exposure in your personal and work life and adhering to the governor’s stay-home order?
3. Are you willing to wear a face mask, maintain 6 feet of distance from others at all times, and thoroughly wash your hands every hour while volunteering?
4. Can you stand for 6 hours at a time while doing light lifting (up to 20 pounds)?
5. Can you move efficiently and deliberately and keep up with a fast-paced assembly line?
· Daily shifts are 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Volunteers must be able to stay for the whole shift.
· Assembly line style, packing boxes of food with recommended social distance.
· Other tasks include constructing empty boxes; bagging loose items such as potatoes and carrots.
· Work in teams of 10 volunteers and several staff people.
· Commitment is once a week shift for a month. If you cannot do this, there is potential to be on the sub list.
Nonperishable Group Inquiry FormRead More »
Advocacy Team Sign UpRead More »
It’s hard to believe that in the land of plenty, so many families go hungry. In Whatcom county, fresh food is everywhere. And yet for many families, food is hard—if not impossible—to come by. We’re putting an end to this. For the past 45 years, we have served as a hub, connecting our neighbors and…Read More »
Feeding Hungry FamiliesRead More »
Getting Great FoodRead More »
Volunteers are here when the doors open in the morning and when they are closed at the end of the day. We need volunteers at our downtown site and in our agricultural programs. Interested? Give us a call and learn more about volunteer opportunities. You will make friends while making a difference.Read More »
Getting You InvolvedRead More »
Show Up! Speak Up!
Join us! Monday, April 13 3:30-5:00 PM @ Bellingham Food Bank Speak Up about: TBD No RSVP required. Children welcome.Read More »