Our volunteer needs have shifted as we have developed our response to COVID-19.
Please read below before submitting an application and someone will contact you about volunteer opportunities.
An excellent volunteer candidate is:
1. Taking COVID-19 precautions seriously in their work and personal life by wearing masks, limiting their exposure to other people, and keeping at least 6 feet of distance from others when in contact with people not in their household.
2. Happy to participate in standard COVID-19 safety measures while volunteering by wearing a properly fitting mask, keeping at least 6 feet of distance from others at all times, and washing hands regularly.
3. Enthusiastic about engaging in a physically demanding volunteer job, and able to stand for up to 6 hours at a time while twisting, bending, and lifting 20-30 pounds at a time.
4. Able to move efficiently and deliberately and keep up with a fast-paced, team-based work environment.
5. Able to commit to a once a week shift for at least two months. (If you cannot do this, there are other opportunities—please submit an application!)
BFB is taking many precautions to ensure the safety of our volunteers, but If you or someone that you have close contact with is in a high-risk category, please consider staying home and staying safe, rather than increasing your exposure by volunteering at BFB.
COVID-19 Modified Operations
Gleaning Assistant position available! See full job description here. Please submit a resume and a short statement about yourself and why you are interested in this job to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 18 at 4 PM. Food Distributions Folks may visit twice per week and may choose among all locations which they visit. They will join…Read More »
Bellingham Food Bank is excited to offer home delivery to residents of Whatcom County who are unable to come to our walk-in or drive-through services, and do not have someone who can shop on their behalf.Read More »
Nonperishable Group Inquiry Form
*Currently not scheduling group volunteering.*Read More »
Advocacy Team Sign UpRead More »
HomeRead More »
Feeding Hungry FamiliesRead More »
Getting Great FoodRead More »
Volunteers are here when the doors open in the morning and when they are closed at the end of the day. We need volunteers at our downtown site and in our agricultural programs. Interested? Give us a call and learn more about volunteer opportunities. You will make friends while making a difference.Read More »
Getting You InvolvedRead More »
Show Up! Speak Up!
Join us! Monday, April 13 3:30-5:00 PM @ Bellingham Food Bank Speak Up about: TBD No RSVP required. Children welcome.Read More »