Our volunteers rescue more than 60,000 lbs. of fresh, local produce for people in Whatcom County every year through the Small Potatoes Gleaning Program. We grow and harvest our own produce at Boxx Berry Farm and we go out to to participating farms to collect fresh produce that did not get picked to be sold. Sign up to volunteer below!
Do you have a farm, orchard, or large garden? Let our crew of trained staff and volunteers harvest your excess produce! Email our Gleaning Coordinator with the size of your orchard / farm and the crop you want harvested. Together we will schedule a glean!
Find us at the Bellingham Farmers Market! Near the end of market we pass out crates to collect thousands of pounds of donated produce from local venders.
Registered gleaning volunteers can click on the button below to view posted gleans and sign up for upcoming gleaning shifts.
Donate food from your garden! Below are tools to help your garden grow. Bring your fresh fruits and veggies to our food donation reception in our back alley. Monday – Thursday from 8:30-3:00, and Friday from 12:00 – 3:00. For large donations, please call ahead to schedule. You can pick up a Victory Garden sign at the door as well.
Garden Donation Rules
- Summer squash should weigh less than 2 pounds each. We don’t want your monster squash!
- Do not donate ground fallen fruit.
- Please remove the roots from lettuce, spinach, and other greens.
- Do not donated bolted greens that have gone to seed. They are extremely bitter.
- If it’s dirty, give it a quick wash!
- You do not need to bag individual squash, cucumbers, heads of lettuce and other items.
In general, the number one guideline for donating is: Would you eat it?
If not, consider composting it instead!
Become a Gleaning Volunteer Today!
Small Potatoes Gleaning Project Volunteer Registration Form
(note: you only need to register once)
* indicates required fields
Please note the information you enter. After applying you will need it to select a shift.